As a part of the GNO Community health clinic outreach initiative funded by the federal Primary Care Access and Stabilization Grant and Baptist Community Ministries, the Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI) is seeking individuals willing to be interviewed on camera in an informal setting about their experiences related to the quality of medical services they have received from a community health clinic located in the New Orleans area (Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard and Plaquemines).
The follow are examples of the types of stories we hope to document and share on the www.GNOcommunity.org website, facebook and elsewhere to help spread the word about the quality and accessibility of more than 90 community health clinic sites located across the New Orleans area:
- Positive experience related to “customer service” from the staff, respectful treatment by front desk staff, nurses and/or doctors
- The attentiveness of health clinic staff and doctors related to concerns and/or health issues and the ability to diagnose and/or provide proper treatment
- The discovery of a previously undiagnosed chronic illness that is now being successfully managed/treated
- The ease of setting up and appointment and/or finding a community health clinic location viawww.GNOcommunity.org website or by calling (504) 872-0750
- The ease of establishing a relationship with the primary care doctor on site
- Access and affordability related to visiting a community health clinic (most clinics accept public and private health insurance and payments can also be made on an income-based sliding fee scale)
Only 5 to 6 individuals will be selected (on a first-come first-served basis) and participants will receive a one-time payment of $50 following their interview. Participants must also sign an agreement that allows LPHI exclusive rights to use the video and/or audio footage for GNO Community outreach efforts.
Interviews will be held at the Louisiana Public Health Institute’s offices located at 1515 Poydras, Suite 1200, New Orleans LA 70112.
Interviews will take place in February after Mardi Gras (specific dates including one week day and one weekend day option will be established soon).
If you or someone you know is interested in participating in this project, please contact Chatrian Kanger at email@example.com or (504) 301-9840.